Date: May 2, 2016
8 Things You Should Know about the Shisphewana Flea Market
Make the most of your visit to the Shipshewana Flea Market by reading these tips about hours, vendors, lodging and amish food!
- The Shipshewana Flea Market is open Tuesdays and Wednesdays from May to September. The mid-week hours add to the uniqueness of the seasonal flea market. Can’t make it during the week? It is also open for holidays like Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day.
- There are nearly 900 booths. With that many vendors, you are sure to find something you like. Be sure to wear your walking shoes!
- You can search for products ahead of time. Download Shipshewana Trading Place’s free mobile app to save your favorites, or pick up a print directory when you arrive.
- It’s located in the heart of Northern Indiana’s Amish Country. Don’t be surprised to pass a few buggies on your way in!
- There is amazing food. Be sure to visit one of the food courts on property for broasted chicken, beef tips and mushrooms, ice cream, and so much more.
- You could win a cruise vacation. Don’t leave the flea market without stopping by the information booth to sign up for daily drawings and giveaways.
- There’s an auction house on property. If you are looking to upcycle, re-purpose or find a unique item, try bidding at the Antique & Miscellaneous Auction. It happens every Wednesday starting at 9:00 am in the Auction building. You can even preview items on Tuesdays.
- It’s open rain or shine. Be sure to come prepared for all types of weather!